A lot of people don’t know but FATS are good for you. Of course I don’t mean hitting the drive through every day! I’m talking about monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, they assist with cognitive function while helping support bone and joint health. These fats are primarily found in avocados, nuts and some fish but these good fats give you a little energy boost that can take you into a workout or give you a second wind in the afternoon at work.
Normally, I just take it straight from the pouch but the other day I realized I was using regular peanut butter in my smoothies and bowls?! That doesn’t make any sense when I can flavor my smoothies with SuperFat flavors like Cacao Coconut or Macadamia, Almond!
Below is a simple recipe I did to add in all the delicious ingredients you’ll need for a little boost around 2pm or a great post workout meal.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- One pouch of SuperFat Nut Butter (see below for discount)
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of frozen mangos
- One ripe banana
- Two cups of favorite juice (or almond milk)
- One scoop of Orgain Vegan Protein (optional)
- Granola or Trail Mix as a garnish (optional)
- Drizzle honey for sweetness
For discount on SuperFat, simply go to their website and select any/all the flavors you want. At checkout, use the code “BERARDO10” for a discount on your entire purchase.
- I normally put all the hard items first, like fruits and nut butter
- Then I’ll do juices/milk and honey
- Last, you want to toss in the protein, this way the protein won’t stick to the bottom or side of the blender.
I use a Ninja to blend all the ingredients together, pulsing it every few seconds to ensure it’s blended properly.
All done! Simply pour into your favorite cup or bowl and enjoy!