Overnight oats in recent years have blown up! SO much in fact that there’s even food companies that only sell that?! It’s true and while I’m sure those businesses have some delicious oats, don’t waste your money when you can make this simple recipe at home.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED (1-2 servings)
- 1 cup steel cut (whole oats)
- 1 cup of coconut/almond milk (or milk alternative)
- 2 scoops of nut butter, I’m using Cacao Coconut Superfat!
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein (low carb would be best)
- 1 scoop of chia seeds
- spoon full of cacao nips of Superfat Baking Sprinkles or Chips
WHAT’S THE BENEFITS OF OATMEAL?
Oatmeal is not only a great (quick) breakfast or lunch meal but specifically, soaked oats are very high in their fiber content, which keeps your stomach filled for a longer period of time. It’s even been shown to clear out your digestive tract. The high resistant starch content guarantees faster fat burning and increasing the body’s insulin level, when combined with a healthy workout routine.
If I’m not doing intermittent fasting, I like to do a cup of oats with some fruit about an hour or two before my workout. It keeps me satisfied and full of nutritions to start off the day off right…
WHAT TO DO?
- Prep your oats at least a day before you want to eat. So if you want in the morning, get this ready before you go to bed the day before.
- Simply grab a sealed container, I like to use mason jars with lids and combine all the ingredients.
- This will get thick as you combine everything, so stir after each ingredient so things are even spread throughout the jar.
- Now, place the oats in the refrigerator “overnight!”
- After about 6-8 hours, your ready to enjoy.
- THAT’S IT, easy / fast and packed full of protein!
- It’s recommended to consume the next day for the best taste but oatmeal can last up to 4 days in the fridge.
- PRO TIP: depending on how often you do this, keep things interesting by combining flavors and adding fruit (no sugar). Another good one I do is strawberry, banana with vanilla protein!
You’ll notice I used a lot of ingredients from our friends over at Superfat! Supefat is an amazing keto and vegan-friendly company that offers great healthy snacks that will curve that sweet tooth of yours…
Check out superfat.com and use the code BERARDO10 for 10% your entire order! Search “superfat” on my site to see other great recipes.
ENJOY FRIENDS and STAY HEALTHY!